Food and People can be Impostors
Here are the top 8 Food Impostors plus a bonus:
- JUICE Juice comes from fruit and fruit is healthy for us right? Eating the fruit in its natural state is best. Once the fruit is reduced to a liquid form you only have about 20-30 minutes to consume it otherwise it’s flavored water. The juice enzymes break down and the nutritional benefits are dissolved. So now, when you go to the grocery store and you see a whole aisle of juice, just keep on walking. With your own mixer or juicer, make your own fresh juice and drink it asap!
- EGG WHITES: Egg whites are not healthier than the whole egg. Actually, the majority of the nutritional benefits are in the yolk! Eggs do not increase your cholesterol.
- CANOLA OIL: Now used in most salad dressings, this oil is genetically modified rendering it a cheap and unhealthy substitute for the healthy and expensive EVOO; extra-virgin olive oil.
- FROZEN YOGURT: Frozen yogurt, as opposed to its unfrozen counterpart, is loaded with chemicals. Best to just get the real mccoy; ice cream!
- HEALTH BARS: Loaded with processed carbs and tons of sugar, best to avoid them altogether or just eat half of a candy bar, the effect on your body is the same.
- CEREALS: Most cereals are made from “enriched” flour. Enriched means synthetic vitamins. Synthetic vitamins are not compatible with our bodies and actually do more harm than good. Cereals tend to be highly processed carbohydrates.
- FARMED-RAISED: Avoid farm-raised as the conditions are no where near the same as their natural environments. Talapia is a popular farmed fish that is from over crowded, filthy conditions. Wild, sockeye salmon cannot be farmed, the fish die. I’d say that is a red flag as to why farming fish is not healthy!
- SODAS: Whether “zero” calories or not, sodas are one of the biggest unhealthy products ever. Loaded with chemicals, cancer-causing aspartame and no nutritive value whatsoever, sodas are a huge marketing “success” story.
- BONUS IMPOSTOR: Not only are there many food product impostors, but people can be impostors too. I sight Tiger Woods and the iconic photo depicting him as a loving family man. Many people are walking around as “impostors”, not being honest with their thoughts and feelings, following trends instead of their passions and are just plain lost or stuck in relationships that are not god-honoring. Too afraid to change or to be authentic, many people stay stuck in relationships that are not healthy.