Say no to Angelina Jolie’s recent breast cancer prevention approach of double mastectomy. Why? Because…
1) The BRCA1 and 2 genes are not reliable indicators.
2) Mutilating the body is NOT the way to prevent breast cancer!
3) Do not let fear make your decisions.
4) There are safe, natural and effective ways to prevent as well as treat breast cancer.
5) Breast implants come with their own set of issues that make a woman prone to a host of other immune disorders including the possibility of other forms of cancer.
6) This sends the wrong message to women around the world.
7) This sends the wrong message to her daughters and all daughters.
8) For a family with a LONG line of breast cancer, the cause and answer need to be and can be isolated within the food and lifestyle frameworks.
9) With technology and information changing so rapidly that what holds true on Monday will change, improve, etc by Friday. Meaning that even though Angelina’s mom died of breast doesn’t mean that Angelina would have.
10) No two people respond the same to food, medications, the environment, etc. So why did Angelina think she would have the same experience as her mother or her aunt or her neighbor, etc?
11) It took a LOT of money for Angelina to have the reconstructive surgery since some insurances do not cover elective and/or cosmetic reconstructive surgery.
12) Angelina’s choices appear to reflect her personal and unresolved issues. She would serve herself best to resolve her issues. Cutting off her breasts is a symptom of a much deeper issue than just her fear of getting breast cancer. It will be interesting to see that if she regrets her choice body mutilation would she ever come out and admit it she made a mistake.
13) Now we’ll NEVER know if Angelina would have gotten breast cancer.
If I had breast cancer, knowing what I know, I would do the following*:
1) Eliminate all sugar in the form of sweets, desserts, high fructose corn syrup, etc
2) I would do a veggie smoothie fast for short and long term
3) Plant a garden and grow my own vegetables
4) I would eat raw as much as possible while cooking all of my meat/protein
5) Get plenty of rest (take naps too) and fresh air, get plenty of sunshine (no sunscreen!), drink lots of water
6) Use only natural healing methods like shiatsu, acupuncture, health coaching, etc
7) I would pray
*This is not meant to replace your current cancer regime. Please seek the advice and counsel of your practitioner.