Forgive 2015, Love on 2016!
Well, how did 2015 go for you? Some good, some not so good, and the “same old, same old?” Quite honestly, I’m not a big fan of the “New Year” hoopla of large crowds and drinking alcohol. I stopped whooping it up for New Year’s when I was single and in my 20’s, content to either stay home or be apart of a small, more personal gathering. However, I do like the idea of newness, a rebirth, and changing for the better. We don’t need a new YEAR for each new DAY holds the promise of hope and the possibility of “betterness.”
Who doesn’t want better health, better relationships and a better job? How about a better financial situation, a better outlook and a better relationship with food and exercise? Haven’t we made these same resolutions year after year after year? What if I told you to forgot all of that?!
What if I suggested a new kind of new year?!
Here are my top 5 NEW new year tips:
- LOVE One of the biggest problems in this world is the lack of healthy physical affection and emotional love. If we aren’t given healthy love and affection as babies then we grow up unfulfilled, hurting and downright emotionally damaged. Or if we are traumatized somewhere along the way in our lives then we still end up hurting, angry or withdrawn. How about resolving to learn unconditional love: giving and receiving, emotionally, physically and spiritually. Think of it as changing the direction of your love turn signal. That’s right, change directions, change from the current course you’re on, especially if it isn’t working for you.
- FORGIVENESS Only when we forgive and let go of the past or someone who has hurt us can we move forward to a healthy arena. It doesn’t mean that nothing happened or that you condone someone treating you poorly. It means you’re freeing yourself of the emotional and physical chains that keep you stuck. A good visual would be to picture yourself holding the key to the door of your own prison. By using the key of forgiveness, you unlock your own prison door. Now you can leave the junk, baggage and hurt behind and have the freedom to move forward.
- GUILT & SHAME When we don’t take care of ourselves or make the best choices in our lives we can feel guilt and possibly shame. Ok, so your kids didn’t turn out the way you had hoped, your marriage is suffering because of your affairs, you eat too much or you eat “bad” food. When you go back to #1 and #2 you may be able to resolve your unhealthy choices and make better ones in 2016. Otherwise, the burden of guilt and shame can destroy health, relationships, families and lives.
- COMPARISON Americans are notorious for comparing and competing against one another. The only person to compare and compete with yourself is…YOURSELF. After all, there is only ONE YOU. How can you possibly compare yourself to her, to him, or your kids to theirs, etc? Embrace your “YOUniqueness” and you will be a lot better off. You being YOU makes the world a better place.
- SIMPLIFY “I’m too busy” and “I have no time” are all too common scenarios. Cut back on perfection and busyness. Make time for family and friends above all else. Make time to be PRESENT in your own life and others. Prioritize who is important in your life and make it a point to show them. Take time off, take vacations and be social, make new friends too. Everyone needs someone.
The only way a new year can actually be new is to do it differently than you have done it before. However, if you still want to lose weight, eat better, exercise better, overcome cancer, depression and other ailments, I am here for you.
I will be offering some great & exciting changes in 2016, more classes & new offerings. CONTACT ME for a better you in 2016!